The Pushy SDK for Android provides background push notification delivery, and our founding principle is and always will be to provide highly-reliable notification delivery for your app.
However, due to external factors out of our control, some of your users may experience delays in notification delivery due to:
- Power-saving modes
- Chinese power-saving restrictions
- Firewall blocking the connection to our servers
- Your app is using an outdated Pushy Android SDK version
- Your app was swiped away / killed when started from Android Studio
Please also consider these consumer-dependent factors:
- The user may have uninstalled your app
- The device is low on battery or powered off
- The device may be disconnected from the Internet
- The user may have Force Closed your app in the Android Settings
- The device is in Android power-saving mode (Doze / App Standby / Background Execution Limits)
If you're still receiving delayed notifications after reviewing these common causes, please reach out to us and we'd be happy to investigate further.