The Pushy SDK for Android provides background push notification delivery, and our founding principle is and always will be to provide highly-reliable notification delivery for your app.
However, due to external factors out of our control, some of your users may experience delays in notification delivery due to:
- Power-saving modes
- Chinese power-saving restrictions
- Firewall blocking the connection to our servers
- Your app is using an outdated Pushy Android SDK version
- Your app was swiped away / killed when started from Android Studio
Please also consider these consumer-dependent factors:
- The user may have uninstalled your app
- The device is low on battery or powered off
- The device may be disconnected from the Internet
- The user may have Force Closed your app in the Android Settings
- The device is in Android power-saving mode (Doze / App Standby / Background Execution Limits)
If you're still receiving delayed notifications after reviewing these common causes, please reach out to us and we'd be happy to investigate further.
Please sign in to leave a comment.